The purpose of the ANM course is to prepare an ANM to function at community/village level with specific skills to fulfill the health needs of the community. During course she Identify health problems/needs and resources in the community and mobilize social support for active participation of the community in health care activities.
Registered ANM have good scope in public as well as private sectors, they are specially trained to look after the health needs of people living mainly in the rural areas, particularly Mother and children. All sectors are in high need of their service. They can also work as home nurses or community health workers on a regular paid basis
- The minimum age required for admission is 17 years on or before 31st December of the year in which admission is sought
- The maximum age for admission is 30 years
- The minimum educational requirement for admission is 10th in any stream passing out from recognized board
- Student should be medically fit
- Students qualified in 10th arts or science examination conducted by national institute of open school